No tranfer of large files

Advertisement

rossi

No tranfer of large files

I'm using WinSCP 3.7.1 (SSH 1) for transfering files from my WinXP-Workstation to a Linux-Server. Even if I try to transfer a larger file (text-mode) the tranfer-process seems to hang. In the tranfer-windows I can't see any progress. The last entry in log-file is "Ascii transfer mode selected". What's happend?

rossi

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: No tranfer of large files

As you are using SSH1, I support that you use SCP protocol. With SCP the trouble is that is does not support text-mode transfers. To simulate it, WinSCP needs to translate while file in advance in memory. If it is too large it can take very long time.

BTW: How large it is?

rossi

Thank you for your quick answer. In the meantime I have tested a lot of configurations. Partly I had success.
After switching to SSH-Version 2 it works on my workstation (The transer begins after start immediatly).
But an other workstation has still the same problems. I have compared the configuration, but no success.
The problem is: I can't copy large files to any Linuxservers via WinSCP (On other workstations it works).
In this case the filesize was 342 MB (but also with size of 7 MB the transfer fails).
The wrong workstation has WindowsXP SPII. But another workstation with the same servicepack works.
I have really no idea.

rossi

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum