Topic "Result From Non-Trusted CA?"

InteXX
[View user's profile]

I'm considering using the .NET assembly on a project for a customer. Unfortunately, he's in a bit of a fix.

He doesn't have control over the server he's connecting to and a non-trusted certificate will be in place for the next several weeks. He also is unable to get the Root CA in the meantime.

How will WinSCP's SFTP component react to this? Will a connection even be possible?

Thanks,
Jeff Bowman
Advertisements
InteXX
[View user's profile]

Update: The server admin has provided a trusted certificate, so this is no longer an issue.

However it would be nice to know, just out of curiosity.

Thanks,
Jeff Bowman
Fairbanks, Alaska
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
SFTP (SSH) does not use certificates. Maybe you mean FTPS? In that case you need to set SessionOptions.TlsHostCertificateFingerprint to accept a non-trusted certificate.
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/library_sessionoptions#properties

Last edited by martin on 2014-01-13; edited 1 time in total
InteXX
[View user's profile]

prikryl wrote:
SFTP (SSH) does not use certificates. Maybe you mean FTPS? In that case you need to set SessionOptions.TlsHostCertificateFingerprint to accept a non-trusted certificate.
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/library_sessionoptions#properties

My mistake then. I'm not familiar enough yet with either one to have known this.

So now I know Wink

Thanks,
Jeff Bowman
Fairbanks, Alaska
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License