Topic "BUG!! with large files"

gwichman

Sad

There seems to be a bug with WinSCP and large files. I just downloaded it and attempted to scp a directory from my Windows 2000 Server SP2 box to a RedHat 8.0 box. In the left pane (the win2k box i'm scp'ing from) there is a 60GB file being reported as 2GB. If i right click on the file and select properties, it correctly reports the file as being 60GB. However not amount or refreshing or reconnecting fixes the descrepency and if you try to copy the file, sure enough it copies 2 GB and then complete successfully. odd..

off to see if i can find another windows scp'ing program..

gerald

I have a similar problem. I'm trying to backup a Windows 2000 Pro computer to a (based on RedHat 8.0 distro) linux server. The file does not show up in the left pane? It's there in explorer. I made a shortcut and the shortcut showed up. I tried to transfer the shortcut and that worked, but only the shortcut went. I renamed the file and that didn't work. The file is a 6.5 GB Windows backup (.bkf) file. I also tried changing the extension and that didn't help.

I tried copying the file by mounting a smbfs share and that went all screwy and ran on and on without stopping. There may be something really wrong with moving big files by any means between these two computers? Gotta try ftp now.

gwichman wrote:
Sad

There seems to be a bug with WinSCP and large files. I just downloaded it and attempted to scp a directory from my Windows 2000 Server SP2 box to a RedHat 8.0 box. In the left pane (the win2k box i'm scp'ing from) there is a 60GB file being reported as 2GB. If i right click on the file and select properties, it correctly reports the file as being 60GB. However not amount or refreshing or reconnecting fixes the descrepency and if you try to copy the file, sure enough it copies 2 GB and then complete successfully. odd..

off to see if i can find another windows scp'ing program..

gerald

I guess this is already something you have found out, but for other people watching this thread: http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html
The linux file system has generally had some difficulties with files above 2GB. As in, they can't be larger. But how far the work for support has gone as of yet, I am not sure. But it sure looks like the 2.4 kernel supports it, but you need to compile your programs to support it, too. Shocked

HTH & HAND,
Brge
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License