Topic "Tiny feedback report, about file size units"

[View user's profile]

Hello !

I'm simply coming to make a small suggestion, nothing big. This would be that WinSCP displays file sizes in the same unit everywhere, rather than mix kilobytes, megabytes and such.

I was looking up at some transfers of mine, and I realized I had to make a mental effort to convert file sizes into a common unit to grasp if everything went OK. Sure, it took me one split second to do that, but that's still, maybe, a small improvement possibility Smile

See the attached image, it's when I realized it would have been better if everything had been measured in megabytes, instead of mixing kilobytes and megabytes.
(For reference, I'm using the latest stable portable version, I think it's 5.5.1, and I'm using Windows 7 French)

Cheers, and thanks for the great software Smile
del.jpg (29.26 KB)

Description: (none)

[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your suggestion.

This request has been added to the tracker:

It actually needs to be combined with this planned change:
[View user's profile]

Np Smile
If Kb becomes the default size, maybe allow us somewhere to make other units the default size ? When dealing with big files, it can become occasionally confusing ("wait, is that 525 MB large, or 5.25 GB ? Errrr... let's stick my nose on my screen and count again...").
If that's not too complicated to add of course, otherwise, default Kb would be just perfect Smile

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License