Resume Download

Advertisement

YairGOW

Resume Download

Hi :)

I was wondering if there was a way to get WinSCP to resume a file download using the 'synchronize' command. I mean, when I use the 'get' command and the download of the files stops in the middle of the download(like 1.2GB out of 1.9GB), then I can run the script again and the download will continue from 1.2GB upwards. Now, when using the 'synchronize' command(with -criteria=size), the download will start all over again if the files aren't of the same size.
So, is the any way to do it? Cause with large files, it's really depressing having to start the download all over again...

Advertisement

YairGOW

Re: Resume Download

martin wrote:

No, it's not possible.

Oh, i see.
And any chance it could be implemented in future versions?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Note that the transfer should resume automatically when interrupted. So there's no need to restart the script and resume manually.

YairGOW

martin wrote:

Note that the transfer should resume automatically when interrupted. So there's no need to restart the script and resume manually.

So, if my connection dies, it should resume? Or if the computer restarts?

Edit: Well, I've checked out what happens when the connection dies, and it seems it retries to connect and when it does, the download resumes. I wonder, though, whether it'll stop trying to reconnect at some point or just keep trying until it does.

And I guess when the computer reboots in the middle of the transfer it won't resume, since it would require to run the script all over again.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

YairGOW wrote:

Edit: Well, I've checked out what happens when the connection dies, and it seems it retries to connect and when it does, the download resumes. I wonder, though, whether it'll stop trying to reconnect at some point or just keep trying until it does.
That's configurable (in GUI):
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_resume

And I guess when the computer reboots in the middle of the transfer it won't resume, since it would require to run the script all over again.
Correct.

I too faced this problem, but I don't know about the synchronize command. With the help of your thread I gained some knowledge about it. What are the commands should we used for complete resume download without time delay?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum