Topic "Windows Task Scheduler "Host does not exist" Problem! HELP!!"

MindOverMatter

So I set up a task manager followed all the instructions carefully tried running the code, get error saying "host does not exist". Tried using both the open "site" command and open "Ftp Url" command. Commands are as follows:

"open ftp.sample.com://username:password" "put K:\Dropbox/File.txt /<root>" "exit"

"open SITENAME" "put K:\Dropbox/File.txt /<root>" "exit"

in both cases Winscp told me that host does not exist and by the way the site is created under winscp and my firewall added winscp as an expection, so I do not know what the problem could be. please help.

I cannot upload log as there is a lot of private information.

Thanks.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
MindOverMatter wrote:
"open ftp.sample.com://username:password" "put K:\Dropbox/File.txt /<root>" "exit"

This is definitely not a correct URL.
It should be something like: ftp://username:password@ftp.sample.com.
See http://winscp.net/eng/docs/session_url

I already tried different variations of that and looked at those documents. Can someone Give me there working task scheduler setup? Replacing all private files with "Sample" or something like that. At least then I would know how one is actually suppose to look like and can trouble shoot from there.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Show us what you have.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License