Topic "too many ftp requests"

Jfair
[View user's profile]

Hello,

I get disconnected randomly when synchronizing a large website locally. It happens during the read phase where the folders are compared. I have contacted the server/provider and they state that we get disconnected due to too many request at the same time. Is there a way to lower the request (and probably slowing down the compare process)? Thanks.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Sorry, but that's bit vague. I'm not sure that they mean by "too many FTP requests". Can they provide more details? Does it mean "too frequent" requests?

Hi Martin,
Yes, from what I did understand is that there are to many requests arriving at the same time, so to frequent requests. I tried to change some settings, but did not have success. Thanks for your help.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
There's no settings to make WinSCP slower.

Is there any other option? Something on the server side? I do not have this event happening with fireFTP for instance, but it happens only during the synchronisation read phase, not during writing, copying, etc... . Thanks.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Are you doing synchronization with fireFTP too?
Jfair
[View user's profile]

Hey, hey. No, there is no synchronisation in Fireftp. That's the reason (and the scripting) that I'm coming to WinSCP. It only happens with synchronisation apparantly.

cheers.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Jfair wrote:
Hey, hey. No, there is no synchronisation in Fireftp. That's the reason (and the scripting) that I'm coming to WinSCP. It only happens with synchronisation apparantly.

Probably because there are many directory listings done in a short time span, when WinSCP in looking for modified files.

Is there a way to lower these directory listings requests? I can use the filter to use only a few subdirectories per synchronisation round?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Jfair wrote:
Is there a way to lower these directory listings requests? I can use the filter to use only a few subdirectories per synchronisation round?

Yes, that's the only way.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License