deleting site folder - Invalid access to memory

Advertisement

tproli@...

deleting site folder - Invalid access to memory

When trying to delete a site folder with items in it I get this error message:

No argument for format 'System error. Code %d.%s%s'

Clicking OK shows the "Invalid access to memory" dialog.

No errors if the folder is empty.

Using WinSCP 5.6.1 beta (latest) portable, default English locale, Windows 7 Hungarian, admin mode.

WinSCP 5.6.1

Error message:
Invalid access to memory.

Stack trace:
[00E9D9C8]
[77287186] ntdll.dll.RtlRaiseStatus
[77287012] ntdll.dll.KiUserExceptionDispatcher
[011FAA50]

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: deleting site folder - Invalid access to memory

Thanks for your report. Though I cannot reproduce this.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

tproli

Thanks for the reply.

I could not reproduce it with neither the debug nor the beta version, and surprisingly neither with my current version.
So I suppose it is resolved, thanks.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Seeing, you run WinSCP in an admin mode, I assume that you actually did not run it in the admin mode, when the error occurred. Then, when you attempted to change site list (any change would do, not only removing site folder), WinSCP tried to save the change to an INI file (you use portable mode). As you probably have the INI file in your "Program Files" folder (not recommended set up), it failed as described in the bug ("Failure when error occurs while working with local files").

Advertisement

I missed adding that I tried it in admin mode AND in user mode too, so that couldn't be the culprit.

I had the ini file outside the Programs older, actually in the Dropbox folder. My second thought was that it is the Dropbox sync that caused the violation but apparently not.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

My second thought was that it is the Dropbox sync that caused the violation but apparently not.
Could be too. If the INI file was locked by Dropbox when WinSCP tried to write it.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum