Topic "WinSCP and native FTP.exe"

mikeecho
[View user's profile]

Hi

I am very new to WinSCP and would like to know if I load WinSCP on my server will it affect my legacy programs currently running on the server that use the native ftp.exe to comunicate with a remote ftp server?
(We plan to switch to sftp, and need to do some testing before switching. Just want to make sure i will not cause problems to existing running production ftp programs)

Secondly I would like to know if anyone can tell me if the latest WinSCP is compatible with the Windows Server 2003 OS?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Mike
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
mikeecho wrote:
I am very new to WinSCP and would like to know if I load WinSCP on my server will it affect my legacy programs currently running on the server that use the native ftp.exe to comunicate with a remote ftp server?
(We plan to switch to sftp, and need to do some testing before switching. Just want to make sure i will not cause problems to existing running production ftp programs)

WinSCP won't interfere with ftp.exe nor any other FTP client.
For migration from ftp.exe to WinSCP, see:
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_ftp_script_to_sftp

Quote:
Secondly I would like to know if anyone can tell me if the latest WinSCP is compatible with the Windows Server 2003 OS?

WinSCP should be working on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Though note that we do not actively test it on this system.
See http://winscp.net/eng/docs/requirements#client
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License