Topic "Cancelling a large upload not working"

isvaljek

Cancelling a large upload does not really work. Try to upload a file that takes longer than 20 seconds, and try to cancel it. Tested on many servers, the progress window goes unresponsive and I have to terminate the process.

Using WinSCP 5.5.6 4746 portable (zip) on Windows 8.1 Enterprise.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your report.
What protocol?

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

I'm thinking the OP might be just a casual user of WInscp, like myself, I'm not really interested in making a log,and posting it, and finding out what protocols i'm using. To me the most helpful answer would be either "Yes it's a bug", or "Nope it works on my computer". Since an admin answered the question, that should be easy to make that determination. If I know it's a bug I have no further worries. If it is my computer I can choose to work around the bug, or spend a long time trying to pinpoint the problem. For the occasional time I might have to cancel a big file update, ctrl-alt-delete is a lot faster than logging everything and posting.

Anyway for me, cancelling a big file upload does hang the program. Win 7, ftp with explicit encryption, I post this bc it helps other users know that the problem exists, if they encounter it.
Pathduck
[View user's profile]
Donor
To cancel in-progress downloads you need to use SFTP. It does not work with SCP. Also SFTP is a lot faster.
chingching
[View user's profile]

Pathduck wrote:
To cancel in-progress downloads you need to use SFTP. It does not work with SCP. Also SFTP is a lot faster.

I am using FTP with explicit encryption. I was not using SCP. Do you also think cancel-in-progress does not work with FTP?
tempuser

42 Mb file, tried canceling after about 1/4 the way done. Won't cancel, have to kill task.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
tempuser wrote:
42 Mb file, tried canceling after about 1/4 the way done. Won't cancel, have to kill task.

What protocol? What version of WinSCP? Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.
lukinhasb

It happens to me as well. FTP with no encryption. Latest WinSCP version.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License