Topic "Authentication Banner keeps appearing"

DavidMacLean
[View user's profile]

Version 5.5.4

When I click the 'Never show this banner again' for the Authentication Banner it doesn't save that selection? Every time I open the session I get the Banner?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
It prevents only an identical banner from appearing the next time. I assume your banner changes (it may display current time or free disk space or other ever changing information).
DavidMacLean
[View user's profile]

Unless there is hidden data on the banner it looks the same every time with a simple one line header. This is happening on version 5.5.4 but works on version 4.2.9.

This is happening when I run it manually - GUI. But I'm worried about my scripts hanging on this. Can this be handled in a script somehow?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
WinSCP does not display banners in script.

Btw, are you running 4.2.9 and 5.5.4 on the same machine? That would explain the problem. Each version (4.x vs. 5.x) uses a different encoding, so checksum of banners are different. And each version consider checksum of the banner calculated by the other version different.
DavidMacLean
[View user's profile]

No, this is on 2 different machines. However, if it won't happen in a script then I'm good. Thanks.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License