Topic "automating sync task"

Author Message
Guest




Hi,


Is there a way to automate certain tasks of winscp?

Specifically, I would like to be able to launch a single shortcut/commandline and have sync and/or "keep remote directory up to date" run in the background, without any dialogs prompted to the user. (maybe just a system tray icon)

This way it would be easy to use winscp with the windows command sheduler, or perhaps even as a service entirely in the background.
Advertisements
Guest




Whoops Embarassed

I did use the search function, but forgot the wildcard, so I didn't see the other posts requesting for scripting/automation.

Somewhere prikryl explains it will be in the "next major release". Is that release comming soon? Is there an ETA?


Again my apologies for failing to correctly utilise the search function.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
Quote:
Somewhere prikryl explains it will be in the "next major release". Is that release comming soon? Is there an ETA?

I believe I'll be able to implement this within one month.

However I haven't plan to include the function "keep remote directory up to date" in automation. I reconsider this.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
etsatskypedotnet

Guest


prikryl wrote:

I believe I'll be able to implement this within one month.
However I haven't plan to include the function "keep remote directory up to date" in automation. I reconsider this.

What is progress with it? That can be great backup solution, I'd be happy to test if there is anything to test already.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
I'm still working on this. I can try to finish it within two weeks, but I do not know yet if it will include the script command for "keep remote directory up to date".

I have already implemeneted command-line command for this, but i may not be what you want.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
ets ats skype dot net

Guest


prikryl wrote:
I'm still working on this. I can try to finish it within two weeks, but I do not know yet if it will include the script command for "keep remote directory up to date".

I have already implemeneted command-line command for this, but i may not be what you want.


Dear Martin, i tried to reach you via icq, can you please respond, I can spec it out (atleast MRD) and want to offer you some compensation for that aswell.
potat0man

Guest


I'm excited about seeing this feature implemented as well.

Great work!

This could become the defacto for backing up home users important files on XP machines.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License