Topic "Default File masks set in GUI Preference ignored in Console?"

laggingreflex
[View user's profile]

I'm switching from GUI to Console for automation of the Keep file up to date feature.

When using the GUI, I had set a certain default File masks with preset to be selected for all cases that got applied every time I chose to keep files up to date.

Now in Console mode, it seems these defaults aren't applied. The files that ought to be excluded are synchronized anyways.
laggingreflex
[View user's profile]

I realize I needed to manually supply them with the `-filemask=""` argument. I hope I'm not missing a way to have them applied automatically though, like they did in the GUI. Otherwise nevermind this post.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Using -filemask is the correct solution. It is better to isolate your scripts from GUI configuration, so you won't break the script, when the configuration changes.
See http://winscp.net/eng/docs/scripting#configuration

Anyway, scripts do not use presets. Only default transfer settings are uses in the script.
A preset with unconditional rule actually behaves like a default settings in GUI. But not in script.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License