Topic "option to set time out"

djoe

Hello,

I live in french polynesia (tahiti island) and I use winscp to upgrade files on a server located on the other side of the earth : the France country. The only way to go outside is a very slow sat link, so I regulary have a windows asking me if winscp have to continue the transfert because of 15 seconds timeout.

I found no option to change this 15 seconds timeout to 60 seconds or more. Is it possible to do this ?

Sincerely yours,
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
See "Server response timeout" on Connection tab of Login window. You must check "Advanced options" to reveal the Connection tab.

prikryl wrote:
See "Server response timeout" on Connection tab of Login window. You must check "Advanced options" to reveal the Connection tab.

I also wonder if it is possible to have an "automatic retry" feature. Clicking that button after every timeout when a particular connection is poor, is quite irritating. Smile
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
runderwo wrote:
I also wonder if it is possible to have an "automatic retry" feature. Clicking that button after every timeout when a particular connection is poor, is quite irritating. Smile

There's no reason to. It has the same effect as setting longer "server response timeout".

Can we use command to set time out while connecting thru script?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please read FAQ:
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_script_ini

It's pointless to have a popup saying 'will reconnect in X seconds.' Just reconnect, with an indication in the status bar, and don't bother the user about it.

My only issue with WinSCP is the incessant popups. I frequently get one that says it couldn't copy the file for some reason. What's especially bad is it usually sits there under some other window while I'm trying to figure out why the file I thought I uploaded doesn't appear to be working.

Instead of warning about timeouts, warn about exceeding a threshold on the number of retries.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License