Topic "repeated system request to allow "WinSCPDragExtLogMutex""

win 7/64
I keep getting User-Account-Control request to allow WinSCPDragExtLogMutex to make changes to my computer.

At this moment Winscp is not running. Or at least, I have not activated it via its own Start-Menu Icon.

As I was tying this, I received 2 more. No9w when I see them I "Deny". However for the last 50 I "Allowed" them as I know what they are.

What I do not understand is why I am asked this hundreds of times.

And please, how in the heck can I stop it? Short of uninstalling a super program that I now use a lot.

Just got another one.
[View user's profile]

I am original poster on this. Just couldn't figure how to get logged in then.
I am getting hundreds of these requests and WinScp is NOT loaded. And it has not been loaded this boot sequence.

Anybody have any idea how to stop this huge issue?
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
The "WinSCPDragExtLogMutex" is a mutex name created by WinSCP drag&drop shell extension.

I have no idea why you get the User-Account-Control request. It does not make any sense. No one else has ever reported such problem.

Try to uninstall WinSCP and re-install it again. Do not choose to delete the configuration when uninstalling.
If that does not help, try the same, but this time unselect the "Drag&drop shell extension".

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License