time change causes old files to upload to opened connections

Advertisement

stan47

time change causes old files to upload to opened connections

hello, this is a 3rd year happening this to me - when i got sftp connections to my clients opened during the time change at night and php files opened in my notepad++, old versions of files are uploaded automatically to the servers via the opened connections, causing huge consistency issue on the backend servers.

i really like that winscp uploads the files automatically to the server after saving a file in any editor (notepad++) but it is not working with the time change - it uploads random/old files to remote servers, which is a nasty bug. This happened this year on 28th March 2021 during the night at the morning.

I believe the proper fix to this is to monitor file changes against "UTC" time and not against local time - but this is just my guess, but since it uploaded a few days old files, there could be more to this.

SK: Pocas zmeny casu 28.3.2021 rano - winscp rovnako ako minule roky pocas zmeny casu nahral spatne subory (niekolko dni stare verzie) na servre kt. mali otvorene spojenie (sftp) a otvorene subory cez editor. Z dovodu logovania prace si stare subory (temp files) nedavam mazat.

win10 + latest winscp x64

best regards, stan

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum