Topic "repeated crashing when uploading large files: assertion failed"

Author Message
mo

Guest


WinSCP 3.7.1 on Windows XP Pro connecting to OpenSSH 3.6.1p1 (Mach OS X), WinSCP crashes repeatedly when transferring large (>500MB) files. This happens in both sftp and scp mode. Before it crashes it says this:

Assertion failed: xdrPtr && xdrPtr == *

and then it died before I could read the rest of the error message, including the line number ;(
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24555
Location: Prague, Czechia
Thanks for info. I'll look at that.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




mo wrote:
WinSCP 3.7.1 on Windows XP Pro connecting to OpenSSH 3.6.1p1 (Mach OS X), WinSCP crashes repeatedly when transferring large (>500MB) files. This happens in both sftp and scp mode. Before it crashes it says this:

Assertion failed: xdrPtr && xdrPtr == *

and then it died before I could read the rest of the error message, including the line number ;(



Same for WinSCP 3.7.1 (Build 257) on W2K/SP4 - serious problem.
Guest




did some tests. uploading two large files at the same time: problem occurs. uploading a single large file: no problem.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24555
Location: Prague, Czechia
Quote:
did some tests. uploading two large files at the same time: problem occurs. uploading a single large file: no problem.

How large were the files?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
ham

Guest


prikryl wrote:
How large were the files?

about 700 MB
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24555
Location: Prague, Czechia
I have tried to reproduce the problem, but it doesn't happen to me. Maybe there are some special circumstances. Can you give me step-by-step instructions to follow to reproduce the problem? Thanks.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
ham again

Guest


prikryl wrote:
I have tried to reproduce the problem, but it doesn't happen to me. Maybe there are some special circumstances. Can you give me step-by-step instructions to follow to reproduce the problem? Thanks.


tested it again and again: no problems any more with large files Smile - I must have been blind ... my client is guilty.

... and sorry for my delayed answer.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License