Topic "MD5 and PGP signatures for downloaded files"

Are there MD5 and PGP signatures of the downloads, similar to what openssh/openssl/Apache publish? How do I know the install package I just downloaded isn't a trojan?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I'll add the signatures soon. Meanwhile you can download the binary from several mirrors and compare them. They will be hardly hacked all. And if, the site with signatures will be too Smile
Site Admin
I've forgot that the MD5 signatures are still available in release notes. The link is just below the download section.

prikryl wrote:
I've forgot that the MD5 signatures are still available in release notes. The link is just below the download section.

==================

Quote :

Are there MD5 and PGP signatures of the downloads, similar to what openssh/openssl/Apache publish? How do I know the install package I just downloaded isn't a trojan?

Hi, Mr. prikryl Smile

I am a bit surprised to observe you did not responded since december 20 of yera 2004 (...) to this (yet simple) question....

Why ? You are neverthless active on the forum...
You have a nice package but how can you gain confidence if you don't respond to this question?

Thanks a lot for answer. adrian Smile
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I have answered. The MD5/SHA1 sums are in the release notes.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License