Topic "Different default file permissions depending on location"

Anton P.

I mainly use WinSCP for two purposes: backing up work, and uploading webpages. In my case the remote fileserver is the same, and I have two main directories:

When I transfer files to some subdirectory of mydocs, I want the default permissions to be -rw------- with "Add X to directories".

When I transfer files to some subdirectory of public_html, I need the default permissions to be -rw-r--r-- with "Add X to directories".

[Incidentally, thanks for making "Add X to directories" use the common-sense approach of only adding an X for user-groups which are given R.]

I'd love it if I could tell WinSCP that when I'm transferring into a subdirectory of public_html, it should use one set of default permissions, and that in all other cases it should use another.

I understand that, in theory, there is no logical limit to the complexity of this; you could have a "profile" for any directory you wanted. But, to begin with, it seems reasonable that there should at least be a way of informing WinSCP of a web directory which may well require different default permissions than other directories.

[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I receive regularly requests to make some defaults specific to somethink else, be it session, server, directory or file. It would together make up rather complex system. I do not mean I'll never implement it, but it is not high priority for me.
Martin Prikryl

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License