Topic "Startup"

Newbie1a

I was referred to this program in order that I may transfer files from my PC to another. I downloaded the package#122 onto my Windows ME. Trying to use the program I came up with the login screen. At this point I drew a blank. How does one login? Are there instructions for the program's use?

Thanks
Scott Crying or Very sad
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
In general WinSCP cannot be used to transfers files between two PCs, unless the one you're connecting to is running SSH server. If this is not your case, you cannot use WinSCP.

prikryl wrote:
In general WinSCP cannot be used to transfers files between two PCs, unless the one you're connecting to is running SSH server. If this is not your case, you cannot use WinSCP.

Purhaps I should clarify my previous ambiguity. I have a windows ME PC and a Zaurus (Linux) handheld with ssh joined by USB. I can ping both directions. Users have said they have been able to ssh into it. Does this change your reply?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Newbie1a wrote:
Purhaps I should clarify my previous ambiguity. I have a windows ME PC and a Zaurus (Linux) handheld with ssh joined by USB. I can ping both directions. Users have said they have been able to ssh into it. Does this change your reply?

Yes it might work with this configuration. Just enter address of your handheld, username and password to login dialog.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License