WinSCP Integration - External Applications

Advertisement

ForestLin

WinSCP Integration - External Applications

I am using WinSCP v4.3 to sFTP files onto remote servers. As we know WinSCP has a functionality called "External Applicatioins" (setting in Preferences-Integration-Applications), it calls PuTTY by default. However the PuTTY has low performance and it often makes 100% CPU usage. So I use a tool named "OpenSSH", a commandline based plugin in Windows, to perform terminal access on remote servers.
My question is, when I try to call a windows batch file in External Applications instead of putty.exe, I found that the parameters from WinSCP only contain [-load "WinSCP temporary session"]. May I know if it is possible to pass the information (host name, user name, port, etc.) from WinSCP saved sessions as parameters? So that I can use these parms to connnect remote hosts directly.

Thank you very much.

Advertisement

ForestLin

Re: WinSCP Integration - External Applications

martin wrote:

It is possible, but only in the latest beta release:
https://winscp.net/tracker/966

Thanks for information.
But per current version (v4.3), may I know the mechanism about the communication between WinSCP and PuTTY? Is there any background file that saves the connection information for "WinSCP temporary session", so that I can use text tools to capture the host information ?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP Integration - External Applications

PuTTY stores the session settings to registry.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SimonTatham\PuTTY\Sessions\WinSCP%20temporary%20session]

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum