Topic "Collecting latest file only"

doh

Hi,

I have a batch file kicking off a copy from source server to destination using console. This is working fine, what I need to do is pick up new files only. Is there a way of marking the files you have copied or deleting ones you have picked up negating the need to copy all?? The file names are different everytime.

Any ideas would help
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I think that what you need is the "synchronize" command.

prikryl wrote:
I think that what you need is the "synchronize" command.

Thanks for your response. But, I have files on a Linux machine that are being updated daily. I am pulling these across to an XP machine. It looks like I can synchronise from local XP to Linux but not the other way?? Can I sync from the Linux to the XP???

Cheers
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
You can synchronize either way or even both. To synchronize remote=>local use "synchronize local [local_dir [remote_dir]]"

prikryl wrote:
You can synchronize either way or even both. To synchronize remote=>local use "synchronize local [local_dir [remote_dir]]"

Can I do this using the console and txt file so I can run it without the GUI?? If so how??

TXS
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
That's what I've wrote above. The scripting command is:
synchronize local

Use "help synchronize" to learn more details.

prikryl wrote:
That's what I've wrote above. The scripting command is:
synchronize local

Use "help synchronize" to learn more details.

I Should have read the help files before asking dumb questions. I've got it working manually just have to automate it. Thanks for your help. This program saved my A@*E
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License