Topic "Overwrite confirmation is skipped in certain situations"

G'day, I don't know if this is intentional on your part, and I couldn't see anything in the forum or FAQ about it.
It seems the default behaviour when transferring a file is to confirm if you want to overwrite an existing file of the same name. This only seems to work when you are transferring to the "current" directory on the server.
There is the ability to have a list of directories, and if you drag a file to a directory it uploads into that directory, but does not ask if you want to overwrite files there.
I am guessing that your check is done by looking at a local cache of the directory listing, so I thought I'd bring this to your attention, as this "issue" allows overwriting of files without confirmation.

Thanks
"Sheridan"
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I suppose that you use SCP protocol. What you describe is consequence of its limitation. I suggest you to switch to SFTP.

prikryl wrote:
I suggest you to switch to SFTP.

Okay, I did, and that solved the "problem". Thanks! Smile
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License