Topic "background queue"

Author Message
sasquatch

Guest


When I am copying or moving files using the background queue, sometimes the connection to file gets lost and the entire queue will stop because of the error msg. I will then requeue the file to move or copy again if it wasn't complete the first time. Is it possible to set an option, to retry the file if the connection is lost or maybe add it back to the bottom of the queue and let the queue keep processing? The error I ususally get is "connection reset by peer". Maybe it might be possible to skip the queue item with the error and move onto the next item?

Thanks a lot
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
sasquatch wrote:
When I am copying or moving files using the background queue, sometimes the connection to file gets lost and the entire queue will stop because of the error msg. I will then requeue the file to move or copy again if it wasn't complete the first time. Is it possible to set an option, to retry the file if the connection is lost or maybe add it back to the bottom of the queue and let the queue keep processing?

This is quite difficult to implement.
Quote:
Maybe it might be possible to skip the queue item with the error and move onto the next item?

This is easier (still not easy Smile). I'll consider it.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




prikryl wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
When I am copying or moving files using the background queue, sometimes the connection to file gets lost and the entire queue will stop because of the error msg. I will then requeue the file to move or copy again if it wasn't complete the first time. Is it possible to set an option, to retry the file if the connection is lost or maybe add it back to the bottom of the queue and let the queue keep processing?

This is quite difficult to implement.
Quote:
Maybe it might be possible to skip the queue item with the error and move onto the next item?

This is easier (still not easy Smile). I'll consider it.



Could you just make it so that when the reconnect dialog appears, the background transfers still continue or reconnect? I'm trying to move a gig of data and my server is sometimes unreliable on SSH because of the firewall run by another company. To keep having to hit reconnect, highlight, then transfer, then confirm and wait, then do it again an hour later is mildly irratating. Is there a better way??!

Dug
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
Quote:
Could you just make it so that when the reconnect dialog appears, the background transfers still continue or reconnect?

If it were that easy... Smile
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License