Topic "Recover of data with backup help, please"

heartd0c

Hello:

I recently had a hard drive hit the wall. Luckily, I was able to get all data off the drive before it went belly up. I have now reinstalled the same version of SCP (v.3.6.Cool, and was hoping to re-establish my prior login data ... but it's not in the WinSCP folder.

Could someone tell me where this info file is kept so I can get this going again ?

Thanks !

Jamie
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
WinSCP stores settings (including login data) to Windows registry, unless you have ordered it to stored them to INI file.

Yep, after I posted my question, I snooped around some more on the archives and found your reply to the same question Embarassed , and the registry key. So I downloaded a little shareware program RegdatXP to allow me to open the NTuser.dat file under my user name in the backup. There I saw the Sessions key and then just did a lot of copy / paste to add the session keys - including the PingType (what's up with that?). Afterwords, there was a 'not found in cache' warning, which was taken care of by the program, and all was well with the world again. Razz

Thanks for the direction !

Jamie
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License