Topic "Windows Cygwin SSH navigation"

Les Mikesell

WinSCP seems to interoperate with the Cygwin version of sshd, but when you log in you land in the cygwin version of your home directory. Cygwin "mounts' the real drives as /cygdrive/c (etc.) and also accepts C: in the cd command. However these don't show in the directory listing under WinSCP. Is there an easier way to navigate to the real disks than using the menu 'Commands/Open Terminal' and typing in the cd command there?
Advertisements
Les Mikesell

Oops, never mind. I see that the open folder icon on the right edge of the screen (winscp 2.2) lets you type in a destination instead of selecting from a list and using /cygdrive/c there works.

Just create the directory /cygdrive
Hannes
guest22

Les Mikesell wrote:
Oops, never mind. I see that the open folder icon on the right edge of the screen (winscp 2.2) lets you type in a destination instead of selecting from a list and using /cygdrive/c there works.

i have ssh server running on windows 2000. i know, i know. in ssh server you can configure your windows drive mappings.

so in winscp or ssh client i type /d for example to access my mapping to d:
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License