Topic "WinSCP dark theme"

beerwin
[View user's profile]

Hi Martin,

Can you please add a dark theme to WinSCP alongside the System Default, WinXP and Office2003 themes? It would be very nice.

I downloaded the source code and I see, that you are using the TBX package to have themes. That package has some built-in themes (although most of them are ugly - I understand why did you choose the only two - more can be created)

Can we see something in this regard in a future release?

Kind regards,
Ervin Nagy
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
We are actually considering phasing out the themes and using a single one only (the default Office XP).
We needed to customize the themes. And we cannot afford to maintain more of them.
Pyre909
[View user's profile]

Hey Martin,

I was wondering if you can point me in the right direction of editing the themes. I have downloaded the source code. I want to try my luck at creating a dark theme.

If things go well would you be against adding it? Also do you guys know of a relevant place that I could look up that would be helpful in learning how to edit/create themes. I don't want to do anything complicated and don't want to add "bulk" to winscp that would compromise speed. I will look to optimize the theme as well. This will be based on the default or xp theme just a dark version of it.

If you are thinking of going to a single theme it would not be out of the question to have a light and dark theme. I would be happy to add any notes necessary for this to facilitate this.

Thanks!
Steve
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Pyre909 wrote:
If things go well would you be against adding it?

You know, in the end, it will be us who will need to maintain it. So probably not. Unless enough people asks for it.
Also I'm generally against using custom colors. I believe that a productivity application, like WinSCP, needs to follow Windows theme.
Thanks anyway.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License