Topic "Development build request"

Szeraax
[View user's profile]

I would like a copy of the development version to test out Client Certs. Can I get it as a portable ZIP since this is just for testing? If not, regular installer will work. Thanks!
Advertisements
Szeraax
[View user's profile]

No longer needed. I got my hands on it Smile

I wish that I could specify a .cer (base64, not DER or whatever it is called) and.key file for client certificate. Is that on your plan for the future of client certificates? If not, I'll create a new topic here.
I will note that using openssl to combine those into a .pfx with a -passphrase=xxxx works just great as well, so the 5.8 client functionality is 100% working.

Thanks for the amazing program!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Szeraax wrote:

How did you get it?

Quote:
I wish that I could specify a .cer (base64, not DER or whatever it is called) and.key file for client certificate. Is that on your plan for the future of client certificates? If not, I'll create a new topic here.

It should be working. Select the .key and WinSCP will look for .cer or .crt with the same base name.
Szeraax
[View user's profile]

prikryl wrote:
Szeraax wrote:

How did you get it?

Quote:

It should be working. Select the .key and WinSCP will look for .cer or .crt with the same base name.

I emailed another user on this forum that received a link from you who made their email address publicly available and then edited the URI to point to the latest build. I was trying to get an automation project done by today >.<

It looks like using .key and a .cer (but only the Base64 encoded version) worked for me. For operability, the other encoding might be good for WinSCP to read so that people don't have to install a cert and then export from the certstore with the right encoding (like I did).
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Szeraax wrote:
It looks like using .key and a .cer (but only the Base64 encoded version) worked for me. For operability, the other encoding might be good for WinSCP to read so that people don't have to install a cert and then export from the certstore with the right encoding (like I did).

So what particular format is not working? How do you generate it?
Szeraax
[View user's profile]

prikryl wrote:
Szeraax wrote:

So what particular format is not working? How do you generate it?

See attached image. The file I had was a DER encoded binary. I have tested and found you can convert the DER binary to Base-64 encoded X.509 (the other option in the picture below) by:

1) Convert to base 64
2) Prepend -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----\r\n
3) Append \r\n-----END CERTIFICATE-----\r\n

So if read a file and do the same thing, you should be able to load cert as your code already does from there. If you decide to program this in, I will be happy to test, verify, and report. Also, should you need it, I can send a copy of my DER cert and you can test decoding it.
DER.png (16.21 KB) [Download]

Description: (none)

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your answer. I'll look into it. I'll contact you once I have anything to test.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This request has been added to the tracker:
http://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=1388

I'm sending you an email with a development version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.
Szeraax
[View user's profile]

prikryl wrote:
This request has been added to the tracker:
http://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=1388

I'm sending you an email with a development version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

It is working great. Please close bug on tracker. Thanks!
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License