Topic "Issue when uploading 0 byte file"

[View user's profile]

-WinSCP version: 5.7.7 (happens with 5.0.9, 5.5.6 as well)
-Protocol: FTP
-Happens both in GUI(commander) and script
-FTP Server: Global Scape EFT Server

I'm facing an issue with WinSCP when I upload 0 byte file to this particular FTP server in the internal network.

When I upload a 0 byte file, WinSCP would wait for 15 seconds and disconnect saying "Connection Timeout".
It would retry afterwards, and face "Permission Denied" error from the server.

Funny part is that the 0 byte file is actually uploaded and present in the destination folder.
Still will return error status (ERRORLEVEL=1) and causes the batch to fail, which is not desirable.

If I use other FTP clients like ftp.exe or Filezilla, or if the file length is more than 1 byte, the issue does not reproduce.

Attaching Level2 log for your reference.
Thanks for your support in advance.

The error messages around 2016-03-23 10:17:10.059 are localized version of WSAENOTCONN.
(A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using sendto) no address was supplied.)

**Command line
> /script=testscript.txt /log=ftplog.txt /loglevel=2

**Script File
option batch on
option confirm off
open ftp://(id):(pw)@(server)

option transfer binary
cd "/dest_folder"
put $$test.csv.eof

log.txt (14.29 KB) Private file

Description: (none)

[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.
Martin Prikryl

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License