Install client certificate?

Advertisement

EF

Install client certificate?

Communicating over FTPS with a bank - they require FTPS with username and password, plus require installing an x509 certificate on the client (they provide this cert). Can't find anywhere in WinSCP to install certificates or assign certificate for use with a specific FTP site. Is this possible?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sorry, we do not give any dates. It will take a few weeks definitely.

We can provide you a development build for testing, if you are interested.

Advertisement

Advertisement

RobHeffo

Dev Build Request

Hello,

May I also please request a copy of the DEV build with Certificate support. I also have a requirement for this feature.

Thanks!
Robert Heffernan

Advertisement

Sujeet

Want to use x509 client certificate while upload/download files win WinSCP from client network in c#

Hi @martin,

We want to attach client certificate with WinSCP for file uploading because client network do not allow anything to go out without that client certificate.

Could you please help us or let us know if you have released the newer version of WinSCP which supports client certificate.

Thanks,
Sujeet

Reply with quote E-mail

Sujeet

Re: Want to use x509 client certificate while upload/download files win WinSCP from client network in c#

Thanks @martin.

Do you have any sample code with you for how to attach the certificate with WinSCP session?

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

Sujeet

Want to use x509 client certificate while upload/download files win WinSCP from client network in c#

Thanks @martin, but I am not able to find given property TlsClientCertificatePath with WinSCP576automation.

However is there any way to attach certificate directly as we don't have path of certificate with us, we have to pick installed cert by its name provided from machine. We do attach the same to web reference like WebServRef.ClientCertificates.Add(cert) where cert is the X509Certificate object.

Could you please help us for this.

Thanks.

Reply with quote E-mail

Sujeet

Re: Want to use x509 client certificate while upload/download files win WinSCP from client network in c#

My Bad...
Found given property in WinSCP 5.8 Beta.

Could you please help me with my another query, is there any way to pass/attach certificate by object and not by path.

Reply with quote E-mail

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sujeet wrote:

Could you please help me with my another query, is there any way to pass/attach certificate by object and not by path.
No, this is not supported.

RobHeffo

Argument Exception

Hi, I am finally getting around to trying to use this code and am getting the following error...

The code I am using to create the session options is....

I can't see what is wrong here. The TLS Client Certificate is a PPK file, the host key is copied from WinSCP

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Argument Exception

The .ppk file is not FTP TLS client client certificate, it's SSH/SFTP private key file. Use SessionOptions.SshPrivateKeyPath.

Onur

FileTransfer using WinSCP to/from Windows site which use FTP SSL(TLSv1)

Hi,

Have you published any example PowerShell code for this please?

Regards,
Onur

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum