Topic "ini file location"

Per Ason
[View user's profile]

Hi, and thanks for the best file transfer app I have used (+20 years in development).

When it comes to the ini file location, where WinSCP looks in the application data directory of the user profile, i.e. C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\WinSCP.ini

May I ask if this could be altered (or extended) to cover also a folder named WinSCP, i.e. C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\WinSCP\WinSCP.ini

I would also appreciate if the default location of the winscp.rnd file were in the very same folder.

Am asking as I would like to not have stray files in the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming root folder.

BR, Per
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
For INI file, see:

In general, the INI file is intended for a portable use, where the INI file is stored along the .exe file. There's really no point using the INI file with an installed version.

You can however specify any path you want with the /ini[/n] command-line switch.

There's current no way to change the location of the [m].rnd

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License