Topic "WinSCP hanging minimized win2k"

muffinresearch

I'm having a strange problem where when I start up winSCP I select a server and sinscp connect but then the application hangs minimized.

I fixed it once by full ininstallation and reinstallation and at that point I change to .ini config. However it's come back. I will try and investigate further to see if I can find why it's happening.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Would it help if you remove your configuration (registry and INI file)? Backup it first. If it helps, please send the backed up configuration to me.

Yes it is the config file, I will send the broken one to you.
galen

I was using WINSCP with no problems for a month.
Now I have the same problem again and again.
When I uninstall and reinstall it works again... but the problem returns randomly.
Is there a solution?

Saludos
Ral
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
galen wrote:
I was using WINSCP with no problems for a month.
Now I have the same problem again and again.
When I uninstall and reinstall it works again... but the problem returns randomly.
Is there a solution?

Please send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version.

Even I had the same problem today and we some luck got it resolved. Here is what I did...
0. Took backup of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2
1. Opened WinScp Login page.
2. Clicked on Tools...
3. From the floating menu, Clean up...
4. Check everything except "Stored Sessions". I kept in unchecked since I had many stored sessions and didn't want to lose the list and I was sure the problem could not be because of stored sessions since all the WinSCP sessions ( to any host ) were hanging for me.
5. click Ok

No message came. It is sort of a strange since I was expecting something say "Cleanup over..". Anyway, I closed WinScp and reopened and now I was able to connect to all servers without any issue at all.
So, in nutshell, Tools...Cleanup....option came to rescue.

I observed that after cleanup, Configuration folder was gone. Later when I restarted WinSCP it came back. So, the intelligent software rebuilded the configuration folder in the registry.

Setia
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks. If it ever happens again, please contact me so I can send you a debug version to trace the problem.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License