Topic "winscp times out authentication failed putty works"

johnlarson
[View user's profile]

I have a peer to peer network with a freebsd apache2 webserver and a win2k client connected by a crossover cable. I can connect using putty but I cannot using winscp. It worked before so I am at a loss. the freebsd log files say connection refused authentication timed out.
help
John Larson
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please make sure that WinSCP is not blocked by some firewall per-application rule.

prikryl wrote:
Please make sure that WinSCP is not blocked by some firewall per-application rule.

martin
thanks for the reply I don't have a firewall installed on the server (it's not connect to the internet). It worked at one time and I haven't used the program for a while. how familiar are you with freebsd unix. that is what I am using on a Personal lan.
John Larson
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
johnlarson wrote:
thanks for the reply I don't have a firewall installed on the server (it's not connect to the internet). It worked at one time and I haven't used the program for a while. how familiar are you with freebsd unix. that is what I am using on a Personal lan.

I haven't meant firewall on the server. Rather, I've meant firewall on your workstation (for example the WinXP default one).

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License