Topic "Filename codepage conversion"

erizo
[View user's profile]

I wonder if I can configure the remote server codepage directly in the "host properties"? I have a number of servers with different codepages: most of them uses KOI8-R but I have servers with CP866, ISO8859-5 or even CP1251.

Yes, I know about UTF-8 on/off in options but what if my server does not support this? Sucks to be me? Smile
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
erizo wrote:
Yes, I know about UTF-8 on/off in options but what if my server does not support this? Sucks to be me? Smile

Well ask you vendor to implement UTF-8 Smile
According to SFTP specification the filenames should be in UTF-8. Otherwise all clients would have to implement all possible codepages. What is quite backward thing to do, in the days of Unicode, isn't it?

Some systems cannot be upgraded easily due to theirs specific features or it will take quite a long time before vendor will implement requested feature or smth else. So it would be good backward compatibility option I guess.
Oem

For correct conversion filename, you must use CharToOem API function. But you don't wont this... Sad Users cry... Crying or Very sad May be users make up a voting for this conversion?
Splinty
[View user's profile]
Donor
May be convmv will solve partially You problem?
I mean running on host with (for example cp1251 file names) command
convmv -r -f cp1251 -t utf-8 *

For me it was a good solution.

Sasha.
Site Admin
Oem wrote:
For correct conversion filename, you must use CharToOem API function. But you don't wont this... Sad Users cry... Crying or Very sad May be users make up a voting for this conversion?

WinSCP plugin does that since 1.6 beta.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License