Topic "Custom Commands, need a list of possible entries"

GreyHound

Hi,
i m about to create a Custom command to return the http:// adress of the selected file.
Due to this id need to know some things like the remote path of the file etc. but all i currently know is how to get the filename (!) but thats all. I tried to find more infos in the cocumentation but failed so far.
The bestest i could get is either a very advanced example so i could see whats possible and rip off the code i need or a good list of commands to be used. The Examples in the Cokumentation rarly contain examples or commands....i couldnt get any further with it.

i appreciate any help

thx

greyhound
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Have you checked this page?

yes sure, but still wondering how this stuff really works.
Would be great if that part would have more examples. And as it looks SCP only restricts some of the things. The thing is not as easy as shown in the documentation.

Having this as default feature would surely please more then just a couple of ppl.

Would be great to have that.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
GreyHound wrote:

I cannot make it better, unless you tell me what is not clear to you.

Quote:
And as it looks SCP only restricts some of the things.

You do not have to use SCP-only.

Quote:
The thing is not as easy as shown in the documentation.

Again, why?

Quote:
Having this as default feature would surely please more then just a couple of ppl.

It is not that easy as you show on the screenshot. At least you miss the filesystem path prefix that needs to be stripped.

prikryl wrote:

GreyHound wrote:

I cannot make it better, unless you tell me what is not clear to you.

I think its just a lack of examples. I tried to learn more about it and did some trial and error but i just had to few things to work with. I dont know what else can be done with Custom Command but i guess its a bit more then shown in the example.
If someboby would post his Custom Commands other users coult learn a lot. Mayb nobody really understood the system? =/
prikryl wrote:

GreyHound wrote:

It is not that easy as you show on the screenshot. At least you miss the filesystem path prefix that needs to be stripped.

Yes of course, i dont want to appear as allknowing fag annoying you in your own forum. I just think WinScp knows all things necessary to return a file with the full path. See "Copy to Clipboard (Including Paths)".

"/www/bindig.net/html/tribes/stuff/hosted/photoshops/hockeypsp.jpg"

With the definition of "/www/bindig.net/html" --> "http://www.bindig.net" you already had the URL. I dont see why this could be diffucult.

I dont know if theres a problem or if you think nobody would use it. I do use the "Copy URL to Clipboard" almost every time i use WinSCP and modify the link from SCP to http. Its one of the few things i do aside uploading or deleting/moving.

You surely noticed i only wanted to Use Custom Commands to assemble the URL and thats why i "suggest" this as feature at all.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
GreyHound wrote:
I think its just a lack of examples. I tried to learn more about it and did some trial and error but i just had to few things to work with. I dont know what else can be done with Custom Command but i guess its a bit more then shown in the example.

There's nothing more that what's in the documentation.
Quote:
I dont know if theres a problem or if you think nobody would use it. I do use the "Copy URL to Clipboard" almost every time i use WinSCP and modify the link from SCP to http. Its one of the few things i do aside uploading or deleting/moving.

I just think that it is too many configuration for too tiny feature.

nps, thx anyway.
Will have to wait for smartFtp to support scp then.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License