Connection Error:Host does not exist

Advertisement

Connection Error:Host does not exist

I have been getting the message
"Host does not exist"
when I try to connect.
But I am sure the host name and user name etc. is correct since I have another computer which has WinSCP and connects to the same host perfectly.

I did find a similar topic but it did not answer my problems so I have decided to make my own topic.

I have tried uninstalling and installing the program, turned off fierwalls by Windows and my Anit-Virus, but I still can not make a connection.

Is this due to the fact that I accidently pressed "No" when the programme asked about the host key when I first tried to make a connection?

I'm sorry if I am not making much sense but I would appreciate it if someone could help me. :(

Advertisement

Sooner Al

Try this...

Open WinSCP and go to Tools -> Clean up, check the Cached host keys checkbox and click on Ok. Then try to reconnect to the same host.

thanks but problem not solved

Thank you two for your kind help.
However, I tried cleaning cached host keys before coming here and it did not work.
I tried it again just to make sure and it does not work either.

Well, after a while of clicking here and there, I don't know how but I somehow got rid of the first error message!!

But now, every time I try to Connect, I get a new Error message"Server enexpectedly closed network connection"
what is wrong now?!?!?! :roll:

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: thanks but problem not solved

Guest wrote:

But now, every time I try to Connect, I get a new Error message"Server enexpectedly closed network connection"
what is wrong now?!?!?! :roll:
Check the server's log to see why it disconnects the client (WinSCP).

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum