Topic "hide synchronize options/buttons from user"

Author Message
Erik

Guest


I am looking for a way to delete or better to hide the synchronize option / button from the user, as I dont want them to use this option in any case.
Could you help me with this?
Is there any parameter i could use to start WINSCP without this function, or it is possible to achieve this by changing specific Windows registry lines?
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Erik Icaza
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
What for? The function doesn't do anything you cannot do with other functions.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Erik

Guest


prikryl wrote:
What for? The function doesn't do anything you cannot do with other functions.


It happens once: a non-IT-worker pushed instead of the refresh button the synchronize button, and we lost a lot of files on the remote host.

It is in fact not important if the synchronize button still remains there, but we want to disable his functionality.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
Erik wrote:
It happens once: a non-IT-worker pushed instead of the refresh button the synchronize button, and we lost a lot of files on the remote host.

I cannot make options to hide buttons, just because someone presses them time to time accidentally. I hope you can understand it.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




prikryl wrote:
Erik wrote:
It happens once: a non-IT-worker pushed instead of the refresh button the synchronize button, and we lost a lot of files on the remote host.

I cannot make options to hide buttons, just because someone presses them time to time accidentally. I hope you can understand it.


Sure, i understand it.
Isn't it also possible to achieve this by using the Windows registry?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
Quote:
Isn't it also possible to achieve this by using the Windows registry?

That's what I've meant. I've never thought about GUI option at all.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License