Topic "Update to WinSCP 3.8.0 for FAR Plugin?"

Author Message
Wiesl

Guest


Hello Martin!

Do you plan to update the FAR Plugin soon?

BTW: Are there some performance improvements plannend?
See http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/faq.html#faq-psftp-slow
Performance is about 10% where it could be.

Wiesl
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
Wiesl wrote:
Do you plan to update the FAR Plugin soon?

I've just starts work on that. It will take few weeks.

Quote:
BTW: Are there some performance improvements plannend?
See http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/faq.html#faq-psftp-slow
Performance is about 10% where it could be.

I do not think there is much to improve now. Do you think that FAR plugin is slower then PuTTY tools?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Wiesl

Guest


prikryl wrote:
Wiesl wrote:
Do you plan to update the FAR Plugin soon?

I've just starts work on that. It will take few weeks.

Quote:
BTW: Are there some performance improvements plannend?
See http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/faq.html#faq-psftp-slow
Performance is about 10% where it could be.

I do not think there is much to improve now. Do you think that FAR plugin is slower then PuTTY tools?


No, FAR scp plugin isn't slower than Putty tools, but the Putty tools are slow compared to some other SSH scp tools (Unix scp, ssh.com scp client). scp V1 is ok, scp V2 is quite slow and takes 100% CPU on transmitting (The limiting thing is not the crypto algorithm, it looks like that it is busy waiting). I have already written an Email to the Putty developers some years ago but this doesn't have priority at all ...

When you want I can forward you the emails ...

For ssh.com scp client have a look at:
ftp://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ssh
ftp://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ssh/SSHSecureShellClient-3.2.9.exe

Hope this helps.

Thanx Martin for the winscp/far scp plugin!!!

Wiesl
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
Wiesl wrote:
No, FAR scp plugin isn't slower than Putty tools, but the Putty tools are slow compared to some other SSH scp tools (Unix scp, ssh.com scp client). scp V1 is ok, scp V2 is quite slow and takes 100% CPU on transmitting (The limiting thing is not the crypto algorithm, it looks like that it is busy waiting). I have already written an Email to the Putty developers some years ago but this doesn't have priority at all ...

Sorry, but I cannot do anything about that. I just rely on PuTTY SSH implementation. I do not understand it enough to fix it.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
hujer

Guest


Hi,

will there be a new version of the FAR plugin ?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
hujer wrote:
will there be a new version of the FAR plugin ?

Just released... Smile
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Hujer

Guest


prikryl wrote:
hujer wrote:
will there be a new version of the FAR plugin ?

Just released... Smile


cool thx

diky Smile
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License