Topic "Command line problems"

svenhh
[View user's profile]

I have been adding the WinSCP installation path to the search path. Starting WinSCP from command line (or within another application)works fine when started without any argument. I starts prompting for a sesssion selection. However, when I want to create a new session using
'winscp3.exe <user>:<password>@<IP-address>/<remotepath>/', it fails with error message 'Invalid access to memory'. I suppose this should work according to doc.
Advertisements
svenhh
[View user's profile]

svenhh wrote:
I have been adding the WinSCP installation path to the search path. Starting WinSCP from command line (or within another application)works fine when started without any argument. I starts prompting for a sesssion selection. However, when I want to create a new session using
'winscp3.exe <user>:<password>@<IP-address>/<remotepath>/', it fails with error message 'Invalid access to memory'. I suppose this should work according to doc.

The port number specifier after the host name do not seem to be optional. Command line startup , creating a new session works fine if the <hostname>:22 is specified
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
What version of WinSCP are you using?

prikryl wrote:
What version of WinSCP are you using?

Version 3.8.0, build 312
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
Version 3.8.0, build 312

There is apparently a bug. It was there always, but for some reasons it emerges more often with 3.8. I'll fix it in the next version. Please try to downgrade.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License