Topic "Multithreaded file copy"

Puneet

I'm not sure if WINscp supports multithreaded file copy. I mean the way prozilla does for fast copy.
If not, please consider if we can have that feature too.

gupta_puneet@emc.com
Advertisements
somok

This is something urgently needed. we need it because there are some huge uploads which are needed with generally slower upload speed (512KBPS)ISPs.
Tony

Ditto. I am frequently needing to transfer data files upwards of 2 GB from Europe to North America, which is painfully slow without multi-threaded file transfer.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Do you mean to transfer parts of one file using parallel connections?

Yup. Would really be a nice feature, though I'm personally more interested in concurrent/parralel down/uploads of different files. I usually need to up-/download large batches of small files and only a small portion of bandwidth is currently used (for large files, I'm able to attain maximum transfer speeds).
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Klaus_1250 wrote:
Yup. Would really be a nice feature, though I'm personally more interested in concurrent/parralel down/uploads of different files.

WinSCP supports that. See documentation.

How do I do that in batch/console mode? I've automated it in Perl, which calls WinSCP with a dynamic batch file. I fiddeled with the background transfer settings (enable by default and upped the number of connections) but never got it to work (apperently) in batch/console mode.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Klaus_1250 wrote:
How do I do that in batch/console mode? I've automated it in Perl, which calls WinSCP with a dynamic batch file. I fiddeled with the background transfer settings (enable by default and upped the number of connections) but never got it to work (apperently) in batch/console mode.

You cannot do that from console. However you can run multiple instances of WinSCP console in parallel.

I would much rather see that build-in in WinSCP. Running multiple instances of WinSCP in console/batch mode is less efficient than one instance of WinSCP using parallel connections or more than one SSH connection. I think it would be a much appreciated feature for WinSCP.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Klaus_1250 wrote:
I would much rather see that build-in in WinSCP. Running multiple instances of WinSCP in console/batch mode is less efficient than one instance of WinSCP using parallel connections or more than one SSH connection. I think it would be a much appreciated feature for WinSCP.

Even WinSCP opens multiple SSH connections for parallel transfers.

prikryl wrote:

Hi

do you have any plans for implementing this?

sorry if I missed that somewhere
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Anonymous wrote:
prikryl wrote:

do you have any plans for implementing this?

This is tracked here:
http://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=513
JBM

Is there an ETA on this feature being implemented?
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License