StrictHostKeyChecking

Advertisement

Dawei

StrictHostKeyChecking

How / where can I put the StrictHostKeyChecking=no in the .ini file. I'm using winSCP 3.8.0 (build 312).
I need this as the server i try to connect to is in a cluster and every machine has its own hostkey. Hope to hear from anyone.

Cheers,

David

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: StrictHostKeyChecking

It does not make sense to store the option into an INI file as it can be changed by the user. Also I do not understand what it has to do with cluster.

it has to the following with a cluster. Let me explain it:
in winscp i connect to serverx.domain.com but the cluster switches to serverx-1.domain.com and serverx-2.domain.com I don't know which server i connect to so the hostkey will not work. Because the domain name is always the same serverx.domain.com but the hostkey is always different.
I put in the ini file StrictHostKeyChecking=no and it now seemed to work.

Advertisement

Re: StrictHostKeyChecking

I recently had this problem too. Just set the SSH Host keys on all systems in the cluster to the same key if possible. You lose a little security, but hosts in a clusters are supposed to be the same anyways.

Dawei wrote:

How / where can I put the StrictHostKeyChecking=no in the .ini file. I'm using winSCP 3.8.0 (build 312).
I need this as the server i try to connect to is in a cluster and every machine has its own hostkey. Hope to hear from anyone.

Cheers,

David

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum