Topic "Donation Links are removed when the UserAgent is a searchbot"

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for a great product that I use every day. I have a big favour to ask you - I donated two licences recently because I really like your program, and I admit also because I saw that you were linking to donators.

Your donations page rank on Google is 7, and as our site is only a 4 I was hoping that your link to our site would help us a bit when people are looking for our products.

I was surprised then when I used a firefox extension that allows me to see what the Googlebot sees, and found that all the external donators links were removed and that google does not see the link to our site.

So my big ask is that you change the settings for your CMS which will let Google see the links, so that donators' sites are helped by their donation. You may even get more donations for that fact alone Smile

Many thanks, and keep up the good work with WinSCP!

Regards,

Mike
eDIY Website Hosting and Design
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Anonymous wrote:
So my big ask is that you change the settings for your CMS which will let Google see the links, so that donators' sites are helped by their donation. You may even get more donations for that fact alone Smile

But I want just an opposite. I do not want people to buy a link on the page for $5 without ever using WinSCP (and they do that, believe me). That's not a purpose. I hope you can understand it.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License