Topic "winscp window get distorted when using MS virtual desktop"

F. J. Gaztelua

Hello,
I use WinSCP regularly (3.6 and 3.8 ,Norton commander interface ) wothout problems. Recently I installed MS powertoy VDM (virtual desktop manager). In the normal use you change back and forth between desktops. When I return to the desktop that contains the WinSCP windows, these get distorted: only a small bar appears on screen and you cant restore it to its normal state. I know this is a very special case. Any suggestions, anyway ?
Thanks,
F. J. Gaztelua
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
It is known bug. I hope to solve it, but I do not know how, yet.

In version 3.8.2 b330 this is better. The window can be restored after switching to another desktop but sequence "leave winscp window open", "switch to another desktop", "lock computer" will cause similar problem.
jp374

i have been using version 3.7.4 with ms virtual desktop. this version seems to have no problem switching between virtual desktops.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Compatibility with MSVDM has been improved. The partial fix will be included into the next release.
KotKa

Hi,
Meantime I use workaround : before leave the desktop with WinSCP - always minimize it.

Some other programs suffer from MS-VDM switching also.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License