Topic "two remote panels"

tilderman

it is possible to browse two remote folders (instead local/ remote) of the same server and may be... between two remote servers woluld be great. Shocked
Advertisements
duerra
[View user's profile]
Donor
This has been discussed to death. It is not planned, and not (readily) feasable.

I just came here searching for the same thing and would love to have this ability also. Too bad it doesn't appear eminant since it's apparently been a big request.
Adam

duerra wrote:
This has been discussed to death. It is not planned, and not (readily) feasable.

just out of curiosity, why wouldn't this be feasible?

one of the ftp clients that i used to prefer is WSftp
it does support sftp now as well, but it is a much larger footprint on memory, and a much bulkier program (and it no longer has a free version)

there use to be WSftp Pro and WSftp Lite (free). they have now continued WSftp Pro, but replaced the Lite version with WSftp Home, which is $39.95 (US Dollars).

i am not sure on the home version, but the Pro version supports sftp transfers, but you can have two remote windows, two local windows, or one of each
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Adam wrote:
just out of curiosity, why wouldn't this be feasible?

Just because WinSCP was not designed for such usage and it would need to be significantly remade.

I'd take two LOCAL panels too. Why? Because the Windows filemanager has HORRIBLE error-handling. one error, and the whole transfer STOPS. I need something more reliable, and more flexible.

I shouldn't have to always go to KNOPPIX just to copy an HD to another HD, when there is a permission problem, or an IO error.
Plotz
[View user's profile]

I see this feature has already been missed 5 years ago - by me too.

As an alternative for this important missing feature I still use Beyond Compare 3 pro.

Cool
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License