Topic "How can I encrypt passwords for Windows registry ?"

Bastou

Hi,

I am using WinSCP 3.7.6 and I want to create a script to create Stored Sessions in Windows registry (~100).
My problem is for the password.
How can I encrypt it ? I saw that release 3.8 supports plain text but I can't use it.
Thank you for your answers.

Bastou
Advertisements
prikryl
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Why you cannot use it? For security reasons? You can store it in plain text and then run WinSCP once to make it encrypt the passwords. If you want to do that automatically, just run WinSCP with some function-less script. Like "winscp3.exe /console /command exit".

3.8 is a beta release. I can't use it because I must use a stable release.

You suggest to use WinSCP in command-line mode. Yes, but what is the command to store sessions ? I can't find it.

Bastou
prikryl
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Bastou wrote:
You suggest to use WinSCP in command-line mode. Yes, but what is the command to store sessions ? I can't find it.

It looks like you've completely missed the point Smile
I've suggested you to create the sessions with your script as you've originally intended to do. Just make it to store the passwords unencrypted (using 'PasswordPlain'). Then run WinSCP once (anyhow) to make it encrypt the password. Only 3.8 can do that. But you can use it just for the encryption and keep the stable version for actual work.

OK. Thank you.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License