Topic "One-Way Synchronization, and Deleting"

nriggs

I like the synchronization capabilities of WinSCP, but Im looking for one extra feature: Is it possible for me to have it synchronize files from the local to remote location, and delete the local file once the transmission is complete?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I do not see a use case for this. Can you tell me why your need that, I may find another solution for you.

prikryl wrote:
I do not see a use case for this. Can you tell me why your need that, I may find another solution for you.

Hi Prikryl,

I too am looking for a function like this, Im using another program which generates various files into a local directory.

I hoing maybe I ca use your program to run an a scheduled script say every hour to transfer all files starting with names example* to a remote SFTP, once its transfered them to delete from the local machine.

Please can you advise if this sounds like somthing I could do ?

Many Thanks
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
mayhem wrote:
I too am looking for a function like this, Im using another program which generates various files into a local directory.

I hoing maybe I ca use your program to run an a scheduled script say every hour to transfer all files starting with names example* to a remote SFTP, once its transfered them to delete from the local machine.

OK, this can be implemented. But it is not synchronisation. It's just uplod of the files, isn't it?

Yea, Synchronization isn't the right word I guess. But I basically need a way to move any files that fall into a specified folder to the remote location. The Synchronization options allowed me many of the optoins I needed: to monitor a folder and upload it when a new file landed if there were only a check box to delete the originally files upon completion.

Also, Is there a way to start WinSCP (via command line perhaps) and have it lunch directly into the Synchronization functionality. Or will I have to manually start it every time the computer restarts?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
nriggs wrote:
Also, Is there a way to start WinSCP (via command line perhaps) and have it lunch directly into the Synchronization functionality. Or will I have to manually start it every time the computer restarts?

Use /synchronize flag. See documentation.

I need "move" functionality from script too.
The original move (mv) command works only on remote side and can't use '*' in file list.
User "nriggs" says "One-Way Synchronization, and Deleting" and this is a good approximation of this problem.
I want to use this feature to transfer EDI files from my customer.
Thanks
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
sapas wrote:
I need "move" functionality from script too.
The original move (mv) command works only on remote side and can't use '*' in file list.

'mv' can use * in file list.

Anyway deleting files after download is already implemented. It will be included into the next major version.

prikryl wrote:

Anyway deleting files after download is already implemented. It will be included into the next major version.

Waiting anxiously support for this feature!!! Thanks for such a great tool!

Have you implemented it as a new command, or as an option for the get command?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
Waiting anxiously support for this feature!!! Thanks for such a great tool!

Have you implemented it as a new command, or as an option for the get command?

An option for the get command.
Site Admin
I have added topic on deleting files after synchronization to FAQ.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License