Topic "100% cpu usage when editing - v3.8 beta"

Author Message
mastabog
[View user's profile]
Donor
Joined: 2004-02-19
Posts: 19
Hello,

There appears to be a bug/conflict (at least on my machine) with WinSCP that occurs when editing remote files using the internal editor. As soon as the internal editor opens the cpu usage goes berserk and as soon as I close the internal editor window the cpu usage drops to zero.

WinXP Pro SP2, latest updates
P4 HT 2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM

It happens with both SCP and SFTP and with both v3.7 and v3.8 beta. It could very well be some sort of conflict with another active program but I tried disabling as many programs as I could ... still happens. I reverted to using an external editor.

I did a search here but didn't find anything relevant (or maybe I missed it). Anyone else?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
This will be fixed with the next release.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
mastabog
[View user's profile]
Donor
Joined: 2004-02-19
Posts: 19
Glad to hear that, thanks a lot! Very Happy
alanshea

Guest


I have CPU spiking to 100% for a minute or so, then drops to 2-3% for ~10s, then back to 100% again. This behavior has continued since 3.7.6. I'm not sure why, I've done all I can to figure it out.

WinXP SP2, all updates
WinSCP 3.8.1
activity: any, none -- viewing remote file list (Commander-style)
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
alanshea wrote:
I have CPU spiking to 100% for a minute or so, then drops to 2-3% for ~10s, then back to 100% again. This behavior has continued since 3.7.6. I'm not sure why, I've done all I can to figure it out.

Can you export your configuration and send it to me?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
polednak

Guest


POkud aplikaci spustim, mam 99% zatez procesoru a po ukonceni aplikace zustava tento proces neustale viset ve Windows. Crying or Very sad

(Razz)
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
polednak wrote:
POkud aplikaci spustim, mam 99% zatez procesoru a po ukonceni aplikace zustava tento proces neustale viset ve Windows. Crying or Very sad

Ktera verze WinSCP? 99% zatez je uz pri otevreni prihlasovaciho okna? Nebo az po prihlaseni?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




same problem here.
after exiting winscp 3.8.1 the task is not ending and running all the time with 100% cpu until i kill the task.
i'm using win2k with sp4
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
Anonymous wrote:
same problem here.
after exiting winscp 3.8.1 the task is not ending and running all the time with 100% cpu until i kill the task.
i'm using win2k with sp4

Can you I have contact to you, so I can send you a debug version?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Frank

Guest


Hi,

you can contact me via frank.keul[a-t]dt-shop.com

prikryl wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
same problem here.
after exiting winscp 3.8.1 the task is not ending and running all the time with 100% cpu until i kill the task.
i'm using win2k with sp4

Can you I have contact to you, so I can send you a debug version?
mxue

Guest


same problem here.
after exiting winscp 3.8.2 the task is not ending and running all the time with 100% cpu until i kill the task.
i'm using WinXP Prof/sp2.
my email: michaelxxue@gmail.com
maher

Guest


mxue wrote:
same problem here.
after exiting winscp 3.8.2 the task is not ending and running all the time with 100% cpu until i kill the task.
i'm using WinXP Prof/sp2.
my email: michaelxxue@gmail.com


Is there a WinSCP version that doesn't have a problem with large txt file upload?

Thx a lot!

P.S. I'm using WinXP SP2.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
maher wrote:
Is there a WinSCP version that doesn't have a problem with large txt file upload?

What kind of problems? Have you read documentation?
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License