Topic "Why not use absolute paths?"

zauner

If I try to enter a directory that I don't have permissions for, I get some archaic message; ok, no big deal.

But then when I try to go to another directory (which is in the currently displayed directory) it says 'Not Found.' Because, in fact, WinSCP now has the directory that I tried to enter before as the CWD.

There are some other bugs related to this as well. Why not just use the full path for operations? I would feel much safer, too.

Hans
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
zauner wrote:
But then when I try to go to another directory (which is in the currently displayed directory) it says 'Not Found.' Because, in fact, WinSCP now has the directory that I tried to enter before as the CWD.

Please post a log file for this.

Quote:
There are some other bugs related to this as well. Why not just use the full path for operations?

I woull brink another problems, so it is not solution for me. Any path handling on client sides make client application dependent on particular server platform (like UNIX).

Quote:
I would feel much safer, too.

Why?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License