Topic "using winscp with openssh for windows from lexa.mckenna.edu"

pingel2

hi,

I had problems to get winscp to connect to the windows version of openssh provided on <invalid link removed> by Michael Johnson (I'm using the latest server version 3.6.1p1-1.)

The connection was cancelled by WinSCP because the server does not provide the command "pwd".

I figured out that setting the path to the shell to "/bin/sh" solves this problem, so WinSCP is working, but the groups can not be determind because there is no command "groups". "unalias" is also missing.

My question is: Can I use WinSCP besides those limitations or am I going to run into further problems?

Any help is appriciated. Thanks!

I will ask the same questions to Michael Johnson, who assembles openssh for windows from cygwin.

Regards
Henning Pingel
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
pingel2 wrote:
I figured out that setting the path to the shell to "/bin/sh" solves this problem, so WinSCP is working, but the groups can not be determind because there is no command "groups". "unalias" is also missing.

My question is: Can I use WinSCP besides those limitations or am I going to run into further problems?

WinSCP works with OpenSSH for Windows (until recenly it was provided by NetworkSimplicity). Please read FAQ.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License