Topic "Date Change"

Author Message
Rory DeShano
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-08-21
Posts: 1
I am using version 3.8.2 and with one of my vendors I am getting weird date changes. Like this morning I moved a SAS file from their site to ours and the date went from 8/21/2006 to 3/27/2036... The I was testing a word document and the date went from 8/21/2006 to 10/21/1989. My coworker has 3.7.6 on her machine and I moved both files and the dates did not change from their environment to ours. I need a answers ASAP...

Thanks
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
Does it make difference if you change setting of "Daylight saving time" option on Environment tab of login dialog?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
esthermofet@...

Guest


prikryl wrote:
Does it make difference if you change setting of "Daylight saving time" option on Environment tab of login dialog?


We, too, are seeing this issue. Changing the DST option has no impact. When downloading files, the create date gets changed to a seemingly random date and time between 1969 and about 2037.

Also tried the Preserve Timestamp option--when it's on, the create dates are random. When it's off, the create dates are the current date/time on the local system (understandably). Still, we'd like to have the original create timestamp preserved.

WinSCP v3.8.2, Build 330 on a Windows platform on the client side. Server side is GlobalScape on a Win2003 box. SSH v2, SFTP, Blowfish.

Only workaround I've seen so far is to synchronize all files then to synchronize timestamps, but that method is twice the work and twice the risk of corrupting data.

Any ideas?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
esthermofet@comcast.net wrote:
We, too, are seeing this issue. Changing the DST option has no impact. When downloading files, the create date gets changed to a seemingly random date and time between 1969 and about 2037.

Also tried the Preserve Timestamp option--when it's on, the create dates are random. When it's off, the create dates are the current date/time on the local system (understandably). Still, we'd like to have the original create timestamp preserved.

WinSCP v3.8.2, Build 330 on a Windows platform on the client side. Server side is GlobalScape on a Win2003 box. SSH v2, SFTP, Blowfish.

Only workaround I've seen so far is to synchronize all files then to synchronize timestamps, but that method is twice the work and twice the risk of corrupting data.

Can I have a test account on your server?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
RockFox
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2007-08-08
Posts: 2
Location: Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA
[quote="prikryl"]
esthermofet@comcast.net wrote:
Also tried the Preserve Timestamp option--when it's on, the create dates are random. When it's off, the create dates are the current date/time on the local system (understandably). Still, we'd like to have the original create timestamp preserved.


I am using WinSCP 4.0.3 and the timestamps on the local PC are a consistant 12/31/1969 08:00 pm. The timestamps on the server are 07/18/2007 07:00:07 am. I turned off the Preserve Timestamp option and the files on the local PC now have the current arrival time.

I spent a lot of time trying to find the Preserve Timestap option so I am documenting what I did here for other readers.

Click Options -> Preferences -> Transfer -> Presets
Click on Text and then Edit
Uncheck Preserve Timestamp (I also unchecked Preserve Read Only for other reasons)
Check Automatically select this preset when
Click Current -> On

I am trying to find out what operating system the server is using. If I find out I will post it here.

Another person here does SFTP from a different server at the same location but his dates are in the 1980's.
RockFox
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2007-08-08
Posts: 2
Location: Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA
I received a reply from the server administrator:

"I am running Windows 2003 and the software is GlobalScape's EFT Server."
_________________
/RockFox at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
RockFox wrote:
I am using WinSCP 4.0.3 and the timestamps on the local PC are a consistant 12/31/1969 08:00 pm. The timestamps on the server are 07/18/2007 07:00:07 am. I turned off the Preserve Timestamp option and the files on the local PC now have the current arrival time.

I'll contact you on your email address in few days.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License